Why use a Company Formation agent to register a company in Ireland?
By Ian Molphy, 20th December 2015
The most streamlined procedure to register a company in Ireland is usually to outsource the process to a company formation agent. This is usually the fastest and most cost effective solution to register your company. If you are unsure of what type of company would best suit your business, it is a good idea to seek advice from an accountant or Tax advisor.
After you have decided on your company format, you then must then decide on the following requirements:
- The name of the company
- What activities the company will be carrying out
- How many directors the company will have
- How many shareholders the company will have
- Who will stand as the company secretary
- Where the registered office will be
To view these requirements in detail, please click here.
The benefits of using a reputable Company Formation Agent:
- Company Formation Agents can usually have your company incorporated in 2-5 days whilst submitting these documents yourself with the CRO can take longer than 6 weeks.
- The Formation Agent will be familiar with CRO requirements for a company name and will be capable of checking your chosen name for availability.
- All fees are generally included in the price quoted such as CRO filing fees, Company seal and all required company documents
- Mistakes on applications are very seldom as the process is carried out by professional agents.
- Full after sales services and support is usually included
To do it yourself:
Some entrepreneurs decide to proceed with their company formation themselves. If you are not in a hurry to register your company, this may be an option for you but you must beware that any mistakes can delay the process and sometimes become costly. To register your own company you will need to:
- Draft part of your company’s Constitution.
- Search and select a NACE code that is suitable for your type of business.
- Complete and submit the CRO form A1.
- Pay the CRO filing fees (€100) and submit your application which can take between 5 to 6 weeks.
- Purchase a company seal which is usually priced at approx. €45.
- Pay for a combined Statutory Register and Minute book (€30). This will also need to be written up by you.
- Draft Share Certificates and the first company Board minutes
We would advise you to make yourself aware of your duties and obligations as a Company Director and to become familiar with your Tax and Accounting obligations.
Register a Company in Ireland can assist you with your incorporation. We are a well-known Company Formation agent based in the heart of Dublin. We have a team of experts who can ensure your company can be registered in the quickest possible timeframe. For more information please do not hesitate to contact us on +3531 6874519 or alternatively you can fill our contact form on our website.