The main benefit of setting up a company in Ireland is the country’s generous corporation tax of only 12.5% on worldwide trading profits. Please see our page on ‘Taxation of Irish Companies’ for more information. A lot of things are to be kept in mind when you open company in Ireland.
Other benefits of open company in Ireland include:
– Over 60 tax treaties including all the EU and the United States (See separate page on this)
– Highly skilled and educated workforce
– Well-developed infrastructure and a convenient and business-friendly GMT time zone
– European Union (EU) member and Eurozone member, providing excellent access to the EU and world markets.
– The IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2012 ranks Ireland 1st in the world for availability of skilled labour, flexibility and adaptability of workforce and attitudes towards globalisation.
– Ranked 2nd in the world for adaptability and efficiency of companies and large corporations by international standards and 2nd in the world for business legislation
– One of the best holding company regimes in the world
– English-speaking jurisdiction
– Favourable demographics, Ireland still has the highest birth rate in the European Union according to an ESRI report in June 2012
– A study in 2012 carried out by the Heritage Foundation has found that Ireland has currently the freest economy in the whole of the euro-zone.
– Ranked 1st in the world for inward investment by quality and value by The IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook
– Business costs have reduced significantly over the past 5 years, especially in comparison to other EU states
– Irish Banks are now fully capitalised. One of the easiest countries in the world in which to open and operate a business bank account with online banking as standard and merchant accounts available
Many global companies have already chosen Ireland as the base for their European operations. For more information on how to join them and open company in Ireland, please don’t hesitate to contact us.