Important Information for Forming a Company in Ireland
When pursuing a great business idea, planning is a key factor to success. When forming a Company in Ireland, we recommend making a checklist to plan and establish a timeline as some additional steps may be required before the company can commence trading.
Company formations in Ireland are popular for local and international entrepreneurs for a number of reasons:
- Low corporate tax rate of 12.5%
- Ireland will be the only mainly English-speaking country in the EU after Brexit
- The euro currency and access to the European single market
- Ireland has an excellent pro-business environment
- Variety of funding options available
New Company Formation Ireland: Pre-Incorporation
Before forming a company in Ireland, you will be asked to complete a company order form and make decisions related to the company’s structure. You will need to decide on the following key points:
- Company Type – Private Company Limited by Shares (LTD) is the most popular because the shareholders have limited liability.
- Number of Directors -Single director companies are permitted in Ireland. At least one director who is resident in the EEA is required.
- Appoint a Secretary – A qualified corporate body can act as a company secretary.
- Shareholders/Members – Both individuals and corporate entities can hold shares in an Irish Company.
- Authorised Share Capital – The total number of shares that the company can issue in its lifetime. However, there is also an uncapped feature which leaves the company more flexible should the share structure change in the future.
For more information please visit review the 3 steps to starting an Irish company.
Process and Timeframe
Company Formation Ireland
All officers (Director, Secretary, Shareholders etc.) must sign an original copy of the company documents for filing with the Irish authority. Register a Company in Ireland can have your company formed remotely in 2-3 working days.
You will receive our Company Package (digital and physical copies) Includes Certificate of Incorporation with Company Registration Number in Ireland, as well as member certificates and company seal.
These steps can only be taken after you have been assigned a Company Registration Number in Ireland.
Company Bank Account
We can assist you to apply for a corporate bank account with one of Ireland’s high street banks, it typically takes 1-2 weeks. A physical meeting between the bank and one of the company directors would be required.
We also have a remove option with an underwritten Financial Services Provider that does not require a physical visit and can be set up in 3-4 working days.
Corporate Tax Registration
The company must register within 28 days of trading to avail of the 12.5% rate in Ireland. It takes approximately 2 weeks to register.
It can take 6-8 weeks to register depending on where the company will be trading.
Please note: A company is only obligated to register for VAT if turnover exceeds €37,500 for services or €75,000 for goods. A company may choose to register even if they do not reach the threshold. The benefit of this is that the company may get a deduction for VAT incurred on its purchases.
Forming a Company in Ireland is a straightforward process, our experts will help you at every step of the way. Please contact us today for more information about our non-resident formation packages which include:
- Company Formation Ireland – with company registration number, incorporation documents & company seal
- Annual Registered Office
- Annual Corporate Secretary
- Corporate Bank Account Introduction
- Corporate Tax Registration and Vat (if required)
Please contact the experts at Register a Company in Ireland for more information or complete your company order online today click here.